So I’m one year into my thirties now so how am I doing on the old 30 Things in my 30’s list? Well, not too bad really. Here is an update on where I’m at.
1. Start a letter writers group in Guernsey – The Guernsey Letter Writers Society was established in September 2017
2. Become a blood donor – I wasn’t actually able to become a blood donor so signed up for the Anthony Nolan Trust instead.
3. Sign up to be an organ donor
4. Go to a West End Show in London – I saw Aladdin in June 2017 and I’m actually seeing Wicked this weekend!
5. Learn calligraphy – still practicing!
6. Get fit (aka. get back to pre-pregnancy weight) – Currently 16lbs down and still going.
7. Go to 10 new (to me) restaurants on the island – 3 Down. 7 to Go. (So far ticked off Copenhagen, The Rockmount & Buho)
8. Go on a weekend away with a gal pal – London trip scheduled for this weekend!
9. Take my girls to the Lake District – Family holiday planned for Autumn 2019.
10. Take my girls to the other Channel Islands – 1 Down. 4 to Go. (So far ticked off Herm)
12. Get a good camera and learn how to use it!
13. Go on a flower arranging course
14. Learn to embroider
15. Open an Etsy shop
16. Make a patchwork quilt for each of my girls
17. Get a pet (most likely a rabbit)
18. Go kayaking
19. Start a veggie patch
20. Climb a mountain
21. Make a Will
22. Donate my wedding dress to charity
23. Walk the entire cliffs of Guernsey (in stages)
24. Read all of Agatha Christie’s Poirot
25. Go to the Bristol Balloon Fiesta
26. Visit Keighley in Yorkshire (where my Gran was evacuated to during WW2)
27. Visit friends in New Zealand
28. Visit an Asian country
29. Grow our family through adoption
30. Celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary in style!