Last week I turned the big 3-0 and to embrace this next decade I decided to make a list of 30 things I would like to do in my 30’s. Some are big life goals, the things I dream about and others are simply fun or grown up things I’ve been meaning to get round to. In no particular order…
- Get a good camera and learn how to use it!
- Go on a flower arranging course
- Learn to embroider
- Learn to play the ukulele with my girls
- Learn to speak another language (probably German)
- Make a patchwork quilt for each of my girls
- Get a pet (maybe a rabbit?)
- Try kayaking
- Start a veggie patch
- Try Beekeeping
- Shear a sheep
- Climb a mountain
- Walk the entire cliffs of Guernsey (in stages)
- Read all of Agatha Christie’s Poirot
- Read the Anne of Green Gables series
- Read the Little House on the Prairie series
- Start a Social Science degree
- Make a Will
- Become a blood donor
- Sign up to be an organ donor
- Go to 5 new (to me) restaurants on the island
- Go to a West End Show in London
- Go on a weekend away with a gal pal
- Take my girls to the Lake District
- Visit Keithley in Yorkshire (where my Gran was evacuated to during WW2)
- Visit our friends in Australia & New Zealand
- Visit an Asian country
- Touch down in the USA
- Grow our family through adoption
- Celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary in style!
What goals do you have on your list?
We ended the year with a little bear themed tea party in honour of our sweet Bubbles turning two. She adores all bears but our inspiration was taken from her beloved brown snuggly Bear that she totes around the house with her.
I kept things simple, making use of lots of home decor items I already had on hand, bought some winter foliage, gathered a few pinecones and made some of my favourite home made goodies; snickerdoodles and chocolate fudge cake. The M&D doughnuts were also a big hit!
As always I was pretty rubbish at taking photos during the party, too busy chatting, eating cake and helping Bubbles open her birthday gifts, but it was a fun time with family and as always the girls loved playing with their cousins.
What was the last party you went to?