So I’m one year into my thirties now so how am I doing on the old 30 Things in my 30’s list? Well, not too bad really. Here is an update on where I’m at.
1. Start a letter writers group in Guernsey – The Guernsey Letter Writers Society was established in September 2017.
2. Become a blood donor – I wasn’t actually able to become a blood donor so signed up for the Anthony Nolan Trust instead.
3. Sign up to be an organ donor
4. Go to a West End Show in London – I saw Aladdin in June 2017 and I’m actually seeing Wicked this weekend!
5. Learn calligraphy – downloaded courses from The Postman’s Knock but would still like to go on a course if I can.
6. Get fit (aka. get back to pre-pregnancy weight) – Currently 16lbs down and still going.
7. Go to 10 new (to me) restaurants on the island – 3 Down. 7 to Go. (So far ticked off Copenhagen, The Rockmount & Buho)
8. Go on a weekend away with a gal pal – London trip scheduled for this weekend!
9. Take my girls to the Lake District – Family holiday planned for Autumn 2019.
10. Take my girls to the other Channel Islands – 1 Down. 4 to Go. (So far ticked off Herm)
Still to do…
11. Get a good camera and actually learn how to use it!
12. Go on a flower arranging course just for fun
13. Learn British Sign Language
14. Learn to embroider and with my girls
15. Make a patchwork quilt for both of my girls
16. Go kayaking
17. Walk the entire cliffs of Guernsey (in stages)
18. Climb a mountain with the Husby
19. Get a pet (probably a rabbit)
20. Make a Will
21. Become Foster Carers
22. Donate my wedding dress to charity
23. Read all of Agatha Christie’s Poirot
24. Read the complete collection of Winnie the Pooh
25. Go to the Bristol Balloon Fiesta
26. Visit Keighley in Yorkshire (where my Gran was evacuated to during WW2)
27. Visit 10 new to me cities
28. Visit friends in New Zealand
29. Celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary in Ljubljana, Slovenia
30. Celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary in Rome, Italy